Terms and conditions
Tourism Awards 2021/22 Applicant Terms and Conditions
“Competition” means name of local/regional competition(s) Associate manages and the VisitEngland Awards for Excellence “Organiser” means name of Associate
“You” means the individual who submits an application
“Platform” means the online system that the applicant must use to complete their application.
By submitting an application to the Competition, you agree to be bound by the following terms and conditions:
• Applications for the Competition must be submitted before the deadline stated at our web address
• Applications must be submitted online East of England Tourism Awards by following the link at https://visitengland-chapters.secure-platform.com/a/organizations/EAE/home.
• It is free to apply to all of the Competition categories.
• The business/experience must be open at some point between 11 October and 2 December, so the judges can visit if required. If you are due to be closed for any part of this period, please ensure this is highlighted in the ‘closures’ box on your application. Should the Government require your business to close due to COVID-19, alternative judging arrangements may be made.
• Applications may be submitted by any individual representing the business applying and the individual who submits the application will also become the contact whom all correspondence from the Organiser and VisitEngland concerning the Competition will be addressed to.
• You must inform the Organiser immediately of any changes to the contact information relating to you or the business applying during the Competition
• Employees or representatives/agents of the Organiser and VisitEngland are not eligible to submit an application to the Competition except for categories in which third party nominations are publicly invited.
• The business applying complies with all current and relevant legal and licensing obligations. The judges reserve the right to not consider an application if this is in doubt and cannot be confirmed.
• You can apply for more than one category, except where specified within the eligibility criteria, but separate applications must be completed for each.
• Applications will only be considered if they are deemed to meet the eligibility criteria.
• Applications will only be considered if they are submitted via the Platform and completed in full and do not exceed the maximum word counts.
• The Organiser reserves the right to move an application into a different category, if deemed more appropriate and should this occur the business affected will be informed.
• You will, if requested, reimburse the judge and his/her partner (or family/companions in the case of some visitor attractions or experiences) on departure for the cost of the mystery visit/overnight stay, any meals taken (alcoholic drinks only for pub taste and hotel categories), or any admission or ticket cost as appropriate to the category.
• You agree to be part of any publicity undertaken in association with the Competition. If selected as a finalist, you accept and agree that the Organiser and VisitEngland may use or publish any photographs, comments or evidence submitted at any stage of the Competition in any media, waiving any rights to payment or to inspect and approve a finished product.
• The Organiser and VisitEngland may send you communications via email in relation to your application to the Competition e.g. reminders of the deadline and to submit your application, notification of successful application submission, judging feedback, applicant survey, event invitation.
• The Organiser and VisitBritain/VisitEngland may store your contact information within databases to send you marketing communications including newsletters, future events and promotions unrelated to the Competition.
• Competition judges may decline to award winners at any level in some or all categories, if in their opinion there are insufficient entries of a winning standard.
• The prize provided by the Organiser for each winner will be a certificate and/ or a trophy. There is no cash alternative.
• Competition winners may publicise their success indefinitely provided the placing, category and year are specified in all publicity and materials.
• Competition winners may only use the specific logo issued by the Organiser or VisitEngland and not modify it in any way, nor use, or adapt for use, any other logo connected with the Organiser or VisitEngland.
• The logo may only be used alongside the location or part of the business that has won an award e.g. a self catering provider with multiple properties across different locations must only use the logo alongside the winning location.
• You confirm that you or the business applying own the copyright to any photographs included with your application and permit the Organiser and VisitEngland to use these photographs in PR and awards literature.
• The Organiser and VisitEngland will not accept responsibility for applications delayed or lost as a result of any network, computer hardware or software failure.
• In the event of any dispute regarding the Competition eligibility criteria, application forms, judging process, choice of finalists/winners or any other matter relating to the Competition, the decisions of the Organiser and VisitEngland shall be final and no correspondence or discussion shall be entered into.
• Should you be in the top three of a category in your local/regional Competition you may be automatically put forward for national judging by VisitEngland for the VisitEngland Awards for Excellence 2022.
• You must notify the Organiser in writing at the time of application if you do not wish to be put forward for national judging
• In rare circumstances VisitEngland may deem that an application does not meet the eligibility criteria and reserves the right not to consider the application for national judging
• It is not possible to revisit your application prior to being put forward for national judging
• VisitEngland reserves the right to move an application into a different category, if deemed more appropriate
• The prize provided by VisitEngland for each winner will be a certificate and/ or a trophy. There is no cash alternative.
• Any queries in relation to national judging should be directed to VEAwards@visitengland.org
Archant Terms and Conditions
This Website and the Awards are provided by Archant Community Media Limited whose registered office address is Prospect House, Rouen Road, Norwich, Norfolk NR1 1RE and whose company number is 19300 and VAT number is 362 0505 31.
These terms apply to all users of this website and the Awards. If you do not accept these terms then you should immediately stop using this website and should not enter or attend the Awards. Your use of the website confirms your acceptance of these terms. We cannot guarantee that you will always be able to access the website; we will not be liable to you for any interruption or delay that you experience in accessing the website, whatever the cause.
We reserve the right to change these terms and conditions at any time, including changing any of the dates or Award categories and to cancel the Awards Ceremony or change the venue at any time and without liability to any party.
Terms and Conditions
- All entries must be submitted using the official online entry form and be received by midnight Sunday 3 October.
- Entries must be from businesses and individuals operating within the East of England.
- The business/experience must be open at some point between 11 October to 2 December 2021 so the judges can visit if required.
- Individuals who enter must be 18 years old or over.
- The decision of the judges is final in terms of any award made. The organisers will not be obliged to justify their decision or enter into any correspondence.
- Any entrants for the awards must be prepared to receive media coverage and this should be accepted as a condition of entry.
- Finalists in all categories are expected to attend the awards ceremony in Cambridgeshire on Thursday 24th February 2022, as guests of the sponsors and organisers. Archant reserves the right to withhold any award or prize for non-attendance.
- Shortlisted applicants for the final may be requested to supply additional material in support of their application and to receive a visit from the judging panel if necessary.
- The organisers reserve the right, not to make awards in any category if the standard of entry does not warrant it.
- Entries and contact details submitted will be passed onto our relevant Judges of the award category that you entered for the awards process.
- All information submitted will be treated as confidential if so requested in writing.
- The awards scheme is not open to companies in the Archant group or to sponsoring companies or their groups.
- The person completing the entry forms warrants that they are authorised to do so and agree to be bound by, and comply with, these Terms and Conditions.
- By entering the awards you permit Archant the royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable right and license to use, reproduce, modify, edit, publish, translate, create derivative works from, distribute, perform and display such material (in whole or part) worldwide and/or to incorporate it in other works in any form, media, or technology now known or later developed any of your intellectual property you provide to Archant (such as, but not limited to your company logo’s/trademarks).
- Once received no entries will be returned unless specifically requested by the applicant.
Your use of a ticket to the event is deemed as full acceptance of these terms together with any other terms stipulated on your ticket or notified to you at the Awards Ceremony.
All ticket payments must be paid in full at time of booking, all tickets are non refundable under any circumstances unless we have to for any reason cancel the awards ceremony. With the exception of for commercial gain, the making of recordings and photography with or without flash is allowed at the awards ceremony.
Archant reserves the right to refuse admission into the awards ceremony. Archant also reserves the right to terminate your permission to be on the premises.
The minimum age for attendance at the award ceremony is 18 years.
CCTV and cameras (including TV) may be present at the awards ceremony. By purchasing a Ticket to the Awards ceremony and/or attending the Awards ceremony you give your express consent to all such filming, without any payment, and to your actual or simulated likeness being included within any film, photograph, audio and/or audiovisual recording (“Footage”), all rights in which will be owned by us. You also agree that any such Footage may be used by us in any and all media for any purpose at any time throughout the world, including (with the exception of CCTV or security Footage) for commercial purposes.
Sales and Services
A contract for us to supply you with goods or services will only be created when we accept your order (which we may do in writing, by email or by fulfilling that order). Goods and services advertised on this website may not actually be available when you place your order as we reserve the right to withdraw services at any time.
We will endeavour to deliver goods and provide services on the basis and in accordance with the timescales mentioned on this site but time shall not be of the essence of those arrangements and we will have no liability if we are delayed in or prevented from providing the goods/services by factors beyond our control.
How we use your data
Unless you have chosen to receive other information from us, Archant Community Media Limited will solely use the data you provide for the purpose of running and judging of the Awards and any associated media coverage (including future promotion of the award), as well as to invite you to associated events with the East of England Tourism Awards 2021. Your data will be supplied to the three Judges of the award category that you entered - Sponsor, Archant, and Expert judge. If you are attending the Awards Ceremony we will also use your data to enable us supply you with tickets.
All material on this site is protected by copyright. You may only copy, download and reproduce it for your own personal use. You must not use it for reproduction on any other website, or in any way for commercial purposes or for gain unless you first obtain our written consent.
We are delighted to receive your contributions on our websites/apps and the like but only on the basis that:
- you accept that we may exercise editorial control over them and may decide not to allow publication at our absolute discretion;
- you warrant to us that all such contributions are lawful and not obscene, offensive, defamatory or infringe any rights of any third party and that you will indemnify us in respect of any breach of that warranty;
- you warrant to all us that all content that you submit will be accurate, truthful and not misleading in any way;
- you licence us and all Group Companies to use the information you provide, on any medium and you waive your moral rights in respect of it. The information includes forum postings, blogs and photographs posted on the forum, or any of the Archant Group Companies’ websites.
- the bulletin boards are not for advertising or wanted messages etc. unless explicitly stated. Any advertising may be removed without notice.
Specific rules apply to all competitions (other than the Awards) on this website; they are available as indicated on the relevant page(s).
Whilst Archant shall use reasonable endeavours to fulfil our obligations to run the Awards and the Awards Ceremony smoothly, we disclaim all liability to any person for any direct, indirect, incidental, special, consequential or exemplary damages, including but not limited to any claims, actions or demands arising out of, or in connection with the Awards, including (but not limited to) the nomination process and the Awards Ceremony, to the fullest extent permissible by law. This provision does not reduce or restrict Archant’s liability for death or personal injury caused by Archant’s negligence or liability for fraud on the part of Archant.
This site provides links to other websites. These links are for your convenience only and do not signify that we endorse or have any responsibility for the content of or any transactions that you enter into relating to those linked sites.
Law and Jurisdiction
Your use of this website, these terms and any matters arising are subject to the laws of England. Any dispute is subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Courts of England. Save as specifically provided otherwise, this website is targeted only at, and goods and services are only available to, UK residents.